You want the highest standard of veterinary care for your pet—and your pet deserves nothing less. The veterinarians and staff at Godspeed Animal Care provide that exceptional standard of care, and because of this, we have been accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). The AAHA Standards of Accreditation are widely used as benchmarks to measure excellence in veterinary medicine.
Founded in 1933, AAHA is the only association that provides voluntary accreditation to companion animal hospitals. As few as 15% of veterinary hospitals in the United States and Canada are AAHA certified. Godspeed Animal Care is one of the few veterinary hospitals to achieve this certification, guaranteeing that we have made the commitment to meeting the highest standards of veterinary care.
In order to become an accredited AAHA hospital, Godspeed Animal Care is evaluated on more than 900 standards in the categories of quality of care, diagnostic, pharmacy, management, medical records, and the quality of our facilities. Godspeed Animal Care is evaluated every three years by an AAHA. The standards are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure they remain consistent with changes in veterinary medicine and technology.
Why are these standards important to you as a pet owner? According to the AAHA:
- The standards require hospitals to provide diagnostic services (X-ray and laboratory) so that they can quickly and accurately diagnose your pet.
- The standards focus on the quality of care in the areas of: anesthesia, contagious diseases, dentistry, pain management, patient care, surgery, and emergency care.
- Accredited hospitals have an onsite pharmacy (another standards area) so they can begin treatment immediately.
- AAHA standards also require that medical records be thorough and complete, which helps them to better understand your pet’s medical history and how past health issues might be impacting their current medical status.
- Accreditation helps veterinary hospitals stay on the leading edge of veterinary medicine and provide the quality and range of services you and your pet deserve.
The AAHA-accredited professionals at Godspeed Animal Care are proud to give your pet the highest quality of care possible. Contact us for more information about our veterinary services and our AAHA accreditation.