In combination with a complete physical examination, the veterinarians and staff at Godspeed Animal Care use state-of-the art IDEXX veterinary laboratory equipment to better assess the health of your pet. Generally, results are provided in minutes, giving a baseline of your pet’s general health and detecting any underlying diseases. We can perform:
- Heartworm test—Tests for heartworm disease and three tick-borne diseases: ehrlichiosis, anaplasmosis, and Lyme disease.
- Felv/FIV test—Determines the status of feline leukemia and the feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) in your cat.
- Complete blood cell count (CBC)—Analyzes the number, type, and shape of your pet’s blood cells. It detects infection, inflammation, anemia, and other bleeding disorders.
- Chemistry profile—Determines how well your animal’s individual organs are performing by checking chemical components in the blood’s serum. It is used by Godspeed Animal Care veterinarians for diagnosing diabetes, pancreatitis, kidney and liver disease, and certain cancers.
- Urinalysis—Evaluates the existence of blood, crystals, and/or bacteria in your dog or cat’s urine that may signify urinary tract issues. It also assesses bladder and kidney functions and serves as a screen for systemic diseases.
- Fecal parasite assessment—Checks for internal bleeding, overgrowth of bacteria, and the presence of parasites in your pet’s intestinal tract such as roundworms, whipworms, hookworms, coccidian, and Giardia. Many of these parasites can pass to humans and cause serious disease, but they can easily be eliminated.
- Blood pressure readings—Monitors blood flow to alert our veterinarians to possible hidden health risks such as stroke or future vision problems.
- Dental digital X-rays—Help in determining the stage of periodontal disease of your dog or cat’s teeth by evaluating the root structure of each tooth.
- Digital X-rays—Used to assess bones, tumors, and other various organ structures.
- Ultrasound—Offers a noninvasive way of evaluating your animal’s internal organ structure and serves as a tool for obtaining certain biopsies.
Using the latest in-house laboratory equipment, the veterinarians and staff at Godspeed Animal Care assess your pet’s condition quickly and accurately, and then determine the best course of treatment. For more information about these and other services, be sure to give us a call.